Parenting books never seem to shy away from the good, the bad, the ugly, and the downright hilarious things about being a parent. Parenting books are full of great advice but they also give parents, both new and old, a way to feel connected with all of their fellow parents out these.
The sheer number of parenting books available today can be tough to navigate. It’s hard to know which are worth the read and which are better off left on the shelf. So here’s the solution: we have a list of books that every parent needs to read and will enjoy.
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- Love you Forever by Robert Munsch
- Heroes for My Son/ Heroes for My Daughter by Brad Meltzer
- Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky
- Nurture Shock by Po Bronson & Ashley Merryman
- Superdads by Gayle Kaufman
- What Every 21st Century Parent Needs To Know by Debra W. Haffner
- Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne and Lisa M. Ross
- Different Learners: Identifying, Preventing, and Treating Your Child’s Learning Problems by Jane M. Healy