Do you remember the books that you read as a kid? Perhaps an Amar Chitra Katha, or Asterix and Obelix series or Tintin?
The books that your kid reads as a kid, stays with them well into their adult life. When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your personality and identity in a way and stays with you well into your adult life.
And inculcating the habit of reading will increase their vocabulary and help in language development.
Here are a few books that your primary school kid would find extremely interesting.
Here’s a list of books that will invoke a sense of nostalgia, so make sure kid reads these books before leaving primary school.
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- The Red Story Book by Enid Blyton
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
Look below to find the best Indian books for your kids. These books will make sure your kids can relate to the many cultural twists and plots that they read in these books:
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
- Malgudi Days by R.K Narayan
- Tinkle Series
- Children’s Omnibus series by Ruskin Bond
- Akbar and Birbal series
Wondering how your child fares on reading skills? On the Mai app, you can assess these skills, along with getting daily activities which your child can do to improve each of these skills.